Wednesday, December 25, 2013

My 2014 Bucket List

Tempus fugit.

That's what they say.  What am I going to do about it?  Well, in 2014, I hope to:

1)  Get out to an island.  Not the one I work on in June and July, but a year-round Maine island community.  I'm thinking a weekend on Monhegan, a visit to Isle a Haut, or a trip to Vinalhaven.  Even a day trip to Seguin would fit the bill.

2)  Go see the alewives migrating upstream at Damariscotta Mills.

3)  Check out the horseshoe crab orgy at Thomas Point Beach in Brunswick.

4)  Go to the Pemaquid Oyster Fest and pig out.

5)  Make a trip offshore to see birds.

6)  Spend more time Downeast, and go to Great Wass Island, Quoddy Head, the Lubec Flats to see sandpiper migration, and the reversing falls at Pembroke.

7)  Do some great hiking.  Bring the dog.

8)  See the anemone cave at Acadia.

That doesn't seem like too much to ask of the new year, does it?

If anyone has suggestions about things I shouldn't miss in 2014, I'd love to hear them.

1 comment :

  1. That's a great list..I've done a few of them and I'm going to put the others on my to do list as well..

    ReplyDelete